the randomness of my bookshelf

 Well. I have nothing to say in my defense. The other day I decided that I was going to reorganize my bookshelf, (cause that's what booknerds do, right?) I casually put some of my contemporary books in a pile. I thought they looked cute so I took a picture. And, of course, you can call me a basic girl for reading Rupi Kaur's poetry or some John Green books, but life is too short to care about such things.

Here is my... contemporary edition?


 Then I thought that I could do the same thing with any other gender. BUT THEN I had a masive idea: what if I show the whole bookshelf? 
May I introduce to you the love of my life: my books, shelve by shelve.

This is my Harry Potter shelve. First of all, I want to say that I don't support any of J.K Rowling's opinions, but Harry saved me in a particularly hard moment of my life. So it's so close to my heart, and... yeah, you can say that I'm a proud Ravenclaw.



Then we have my whole childhood. The Neverending Story is still one of my favourite fantasy books ever (I have two copies). Fun fact: The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate was the first book I read with a main character that I related to in a huge level. 



Funny story? I have the Throne of Glass series but I didn't read any of them. I PROMISE I'LL READ AT LEAST THRONE OF GLASS AND CROWN OF MIDNIGHT THIS SUMMER. 


Of course, we need some dystopian spice here: may the odds be ever in your favour *Mockingjay whistle*. I hope someone gets that horrible joke. Then there's The Idhún Chronicles, a cute little plant and... yeah, my Hermione funko. 

I'm pretty sure this is my favourite shelve: The Rick Riordan shelve. Maybe because he writes the best stories, maybe because I have an astronomical crush on Percy, the main character. We'll never know.
PS: I don't know where to put I Wish You All The Best, so it will stay there for a while.


I tried. I genuinely tried to do a rainbow. I organize my books by size, so this is pretty harmful for me to see. And jokes on you, I have at least two classics in my bookshelf. 


I personally love my Six of Crows box set, my mum and I moved mountains to find it, because in my country Crooked Kingdom doesn't exist. Well, it does, but it's complicated. Then there's Wolfsong, one of my favourite books, and come cute little ones like I'll Give You the Sun.



This is my second favourite shelve. Here are some of my all time favourite books: Scythe, Loveless or Clockwork Prince. Also, some booktok popular books: Strange The Dreamer, Red White and Royal Blue (cuz why not), The Mortal Instruments series, Carry On, Fangirl and... oh yeah: say hi to Dobby in the corner.


This shelve should be named: I forgot about The Selection series. And yet, I didn't finish the last two books. That's my 2021 bookish goal. AND NOW I REALISE THAT THE HEARTSTOPPER SERIES AREN'T IN ORDER. Excuse me, I'll go to my crying corner. 
But we have my two copies of The Book Thief, my favourite FAVOURITE book.


This is my pretentious shelve. Why? Because there's Pride and Prejudice, One of Us is Lying, Anne of Green Gables, Call Me By Your Name, We were liers and some random disinfectant. (Forget about the flash, it was almost midnight).



Then we have my hard-back section. I love both hard-back and paper-back books, I just buy more paper-back books. Anyways! I think I'll read The Name of the Wind and  The Wise Man's Fear soon. And by soon I mean 10 years.




In case you were wondering, here is my basic girl section. Yes, I'm a pretty influenceable person. I take my recomendations from booktok, booktube and Goodreads. So this is basically my Hall Of Shame.



And this is my gianormous shelve. We have YA fantasy, classics (who would have said), non fiction, dystopian, Sci-Fi, graphic novels, contemporary and biographys. I really like to look at it, it makes me happier :)



This would be my whole bookshelf. AND JUST A REMINDER: this is the result from a lot of time of collecting books. In fact, we have a biger bookshelf in the living room that I share with my mum. We both love reading, and I started loving it from a really young age. It doesn't matter at all if you have two physical copies or you listen to audio books, really. I don't want this to sound pretentious or something. There aren't rules to be a 'good reader', just enjoy and feel free to recommend what you love :)

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Some Viria Art